Foods to Avoid
1.Some foods are not easily digested and can prompt bouts of indigestion among susceptible people and this results in acidity and heart burn.
2.Avoid pickles, vinegar, fried foods, hot spicy foods, chocolate, pastries, and raw salad vegetables like onion, radish, cabbage, and peppers.
3.Cut down on alcohol since it increases stomach acidity, strong coffee and tea can cause irritation and fizzy drinks can produce wind.
4.Unripe fruits are high in pectin, which is hard to digest so it has to be avoided.
1. Do not eat just before going to bed.
2. Avoid irregular and hurried meals.
3. Stop smoking and cut down on alcohol.
4. Follow yoga or some exercise to reduce stress.
5. Drink plenty of water.
With all these precautions still you suffer from indigestion, acidity and heart burn you should consult your doctor.
Some more tips
1. Fresh mint juice taken every day or fresh chopped mint leaves boiled in a cup of water and sip slowly after meals.
2. A glass of plain milk gives good relief during the pain.
3. Drink tender coconut water 3- 4 times a day.
4. Eating water melon, banana and cucumber reduces the acidity.
5. Take a tiny piece of jaggery every hour. Just keep it in the mouth and slowly suck it till acidity
6. Cumin seeds boiled in a glass of water can be taken.